Source: Join our September Classes
–Learning that Changes Lives
- Breathe new life into your writing and your relationships
- Join a light-hearted circle of writers who support and celebrate one another’s courage and writing
- Discover your strengths and achieve your goals in a stimulating, “no red pens,” writing program
Instructor: Joanne Klassen is founder of Heartspace Writing School, home of Transformative Life Writing™–Learning that Changes Lives, with centres in North America and Europe. Joanne’s stories appear in the 101 Best Chicken Soup for the Soul Stories; her books have been translated into Greek and Russian. Heartspace writers have published more than 50 books, all Mc Nally-Robinson bestsellers.
Joanne loves paving fresh pathways for life writing.
4 Thursday Evenings April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26, 2018 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
Cost: $225.00 plus GST
New Students Bonus: Receive a FREE E-copy of Tools of Transformation, by Joanne Klassen
Special $25 Discount for Returning Students
Location: Osborne Village area, Winnipeg
For information or to register contact email@example.com
Visit our new website www.write-away.net for a preview Passport
What is Transformative Life Writing™?
Transformative Life Writing™ brings together the reflective, expressive, healing tradition of personal writing (journal, diary, memoir), and the artistic, creative tradition of literary writing (poetry, short story, novel). It is writing creative non-fiction, based on lived experience.
The textbook for Life Writing for Transformation™ courses is Tools of Transformation, Infinity Publishing 2004 by Joanne Klassen, originator of this process. Transformative Life Writing™ includes 25 tools designed to help writers create an enduring, joyful relationship with writing. Examples of the tools are:
- Writing Triggers to spark stories
- Free-style Writing
- Mind Mapping to generate & organize story themes
- Focusing Techniques to stay on track
- Techniques for quieting the Inner Critic
- Timed writing to complete stories
- “A String of Story Pearls” to capture life shaping experiences
- Feedback that improves writing—without criticism, ever
Four “Creative Channels” strengthened through Transformative Life Writing™:
“Full Circle” stories include A) What happened? Experiences: emotions, actions B) So what? The significance of the experience
C) Now what? The gift, change/ new awareness
Life-enriching, transformative stories are nurtured in writing circles where encouragement, support, acceptance and guidance are provided. The result is stories that carry the wisdom, experience, and adventures of one generation to the next, and the next.
© Joanne Klassen 5-12-2014
firstname.lastname@example.org Winnipeg, MB Canada